Many Faces of Go 10.0 Patch download
4863 Capistrano Ave
San Jose CA 95129
This patch fixes a bug in Many Faces of Go 10.0 on Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.
some NT/2000/XP computers, Many Faces can only detect 16 color color graphics,
no matter how many colors are actually there. On other NT/2000/XP machines, it
goes correctly to 256 color mode, but draws the shadows below the
stones incorrectly in solid black and white rather than shading the
wood grain. If you are using Windows ME, 98, or 95, this patch will not
help you, but won't hurt either.
- Click here to
download the patch (about 280 KB).
- Save the patch in the same directory where you installed The Many
Faces of Go. The default install directory is
c:\Program Files\MFGO 10 Deluxe\
- This puts a file called mfgop1.zip on your computer.
- Unzip the file to get mfgop1.exe. You can use pkunzip from the
command line, or winzip. Click here
to download pkzip if you need it.
- Run the mfgop1.exe program. It will ask you if you want to patch
MFGO.EXE. Click on yes.
- When it says "Patch complete", you should have the full 256 color graphics.
The Many Faces of Go page
Smart Games home page
This page accessed
times since 7/21/2002.
FastCounter by bCentral
Page created by: email@example.com
Changes last made on: January 6, 2002